Bezos Academy is closely monitoring COVID-19 in the community. We know these are stressful and uncertain times for children and families. The need for full-day preschools has only increased as schools and child care centers have closed during the pandemic.
Bezos Academy is committed to the health and well-being of our students, families, and staff. Our decisions regarding COVID-19 operations reflect this commitment. We follow applicable guidelines from the Washington State Department of Health, Washington State Department of Children, Youth & Families, Washington State Department of Labor & Industries, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the United States. Bezos Academy is doing the following in its facilities:
- Requiring all staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain a religious or medical exemption by October 18, 2021
- Maintaining a small class size
- Requiring facial covers for all staff and students
- Conducting temperature screenings at arrival
- Implementing physical distancing strategies
- Intensifying cleaning and disinfection efforts
- Modifying drop-off and pickup procedures
- Increasing fresh air ventilation and time outside
Our goal is to offer in-person learning, but in the event that we need to temporarily close in the interest of the health of our community, we will provide remote-learning opportunities for all students.
While these are unprecedented times, we will get through them together.